Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fluffy Sweet Sunday 122

Happy Sunday!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Karen has a great sketch (SSSC122) for us this week; very clean and simple - so much so that I didn't even consider flipping the sketch!!

My card today is a little outside my "normal " box.  This week Em had a tutorial on her blog about Peerless Watercolours - hmmm I have those & never use them SOOO she inspired me to dig them out and try them out again.


I inked up Stamping Bella's Fluffy Flower Head with Statz on ink onto water colour paper and inked up my Peerless water colours.  I used 2 different colours, a pink and a yellow (sorry I didn't write down the colours)  I then cut out the flower and the centre of the flower I paper pieced on to give it some dimension.  I then added some glamour dust glitter to the inner circle of the flower.  I added some decorative flowers and stitched around the layers.

Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs to see their creations and remember if you play along with us this week link your card on Karen's blog.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Dana 

7 comments:

Karen said...

Great colors! I love the pink sparkly flower ~Karen

Karen Motz said...

SO pretty!!! Look at all the dimension you have on the flower from the shading!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Very pretty!! Love those flowers!!!

Stef Perry said...

Beautiful job on the watercoloring! Love those scrumptous colors too!

Leslie said...

I love your interpretation!! And the flower with the matching flower embellishments? Perfect!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Dana! You've colored up your blossom beautifully! Love the flower accents on the side too! :D

Jessica Diedrich said...

such a pretty card! Those great summer colors really pop on the black!