Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweet Sunday Birthday Wishes

It's Sunday and time for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch SSC115

Ok I flipped the sketch this week intentionally not because of how it was sitting on my desk!  I needed a birthday card for my hubby and we are not the sentimental types so I inked up beer Peep from Stamping Bella's Green Bean Baby line


The image is stamped with mementos ink onto bella's bestest cream paper. Because hubby doesn't drink beer with a lime in it I masked the lime out.  I paper pieced the label and used a pitch black atyou spica pen on the sentiment.  On the bottle I coloured the image with caran d'ashe pencils and then used a clear glaze pen to make it look like a bottle.  The rest of the image is coloured with copics.  The ds paper is basic greys life of the party.   I didn't add an embellishment on the right side because it would have covered my little peep.

Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs to see their creations - maybe they didn't flip the sketch like me?!  Remember to link your card on Karen's blog if you can play along with us this week.


Thanks for stopping by & have a fantastic Sunday!!

Dana 

9 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Really cute card Dana !! I like the way you flipped the sketch to suit your image !!

Karen Giron said...

Oh my goodness, this is the funniest! LOVE this image and the way your flipped the sketch. He'll love it!

Leslie said...

I'm sure hubby will love this! I like all your little extra touches...masking the lime, the black spica pen and the glaze to make the bottle shine!
Happy Birthday to your hubby...from Lester :)

Lynn Put said...

Such a fun card for your husbands birthday! I like the details you added to the bottle and the great designer paper you used!

Vicki Burdick said...

So stinkin' cute.....love that big bottle of bear!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO stinkin' cute- I'm gonna have to remember this for a cousin's birthday-He makes his own beer and would love this!

Karen Motz said...

Now THIS is adorable!! Love how that image works so perfectly with the flipped sketch!!

Crafty Cath said...

Look at your ingenuity...now why didn't I think to mask the darn lime? Hope hubby had a great day. He sure had a great card!

Jodi Collins said...

Hehe! This totally makes me smile! LOVE this!