Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Remembrance...

Lest we Forget 
Nov 11 is Remembrance Day in Canada in honour of our military vets and current soldiers.   I have always worn a poppy, as has my hubby but I was saddened today when I was out & realized that the majority of people don't wear them so I came home inspired to make a card in honour of all our soldiers.


Em introduced Green Bean Baby by Ellia military men & women for both Canada and the States soldiers and I think that's pretty amazing!  I chose GI Jane (what can I say I wanted to colour her hair)   Canadian GI Jane is stamped with mementos ink onto bella's bestest paper and coloured with copics.  For the ribbons in her hair I used an atyou spica pen to give her some girlie touches and for the buttons I used silver viva decor (a little something I picked up when I was at Stamping Bella on Saturday) The ds paper is from basic greys archaic line; one of my favs

I'll be back on Friday with my Bellariffic Friday's card - holiday or Christmas; you have until Thursday afternoon to email Em your card to be included.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you take a moment to remember our Veterans & those men in women currently serving in the military.

Dana 


copics: E0000, E000, E00, E21, R02, 41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, YG91, YG93, YG95, R24, R27, W5, W7 

9 comments:

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!!

Susie said...

Bravo! Thank you. As a former American Navy wife, CIA officer, and mother of a military woman, my heart and prayers are with all our military, government, and our allied friends. What a wonderful card you have made.

Sincerely.

Janet said...

great card Dana...i think our society is forgetting what these men and woman fought/are fighting for...its sad...
hugs

Christina said...

A stunning card Dana!!
Hugs Kristel

Jodi Collins said...

This is outstanding Dana! GORGEOUS coloring on this image! FAB my friend!!

LindaH said...

did you use pencils here????? this would be a GREAT image to put those to use on with that big ole' helmet! great card!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Great card Dana, love this stamp image and beautifully colored.

paula tracy williamson said...

Awww, she is perfect! My fav shade of green too!

Leslie said...

I agree with you that fewer and fewer people are wearing poppies - it's very sad! I was wearing my poppy and was very happy that WestJet paused for a minute of silence as we were boarding for our 11:15 flight. I even had a airforce vet sitting beside me in the lounge. Your card is perfect for today - thanks!