Saturday, June 26, 2010

Celebrate

Happy Saturday it's time for another Sweet Stop Sketch!  I needed a retirement card for one of my hubby's co-workers.  Actually we both worked with her (since we met at work) and she is one of the sweetest people in the world!  Since being back in Calgary she & I have gotten into the routine of having lunch & now that she's retired (and I like to say I am too) we won't be on the "clock" when we get together!


I had this idea rumbling in my head & was happy with how it turned out (don't you love it when it works out how you imagined?!) For this weeks sketch (SSS62) I used Stamping Bella's "celebrate" definition.  The definition is stamped with mementos ink onto SU's pink pirouette paper.  The flower is a nesties flower made with My Minds Eye quite contrary paper and I added a button.

The scallop along the bottom is a new purchase - Tim Holtz Alterations.  It's  fantastic die that has 2 shapes you can layer, I didn't want my sentiment on a scallop so I just used the one but I have to warn you its not a straight line & the holes aren't even which is hard for me - I struggled with bonbons not being in a perfectly straight row (and I tried to fudge them to make it as straight as possible)

Please stop by the Sweet Stop blog to see the rest of the Sugar Babies creations & I hope you can play along with the Sweet Stop this week

Have a great day

Dana

4 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This turned out wonderfully!!! I'm sure she loved it!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Dana!! Love the layered flower and the great dp! So pretty! :)

Danni said...

Fantabulous card!! Really like all the patterns and shapes!

Leslie said...

Cute and fun - great designer papers you chose!