Monday, January 18, 2010

Revisiting...

Last week Joanne B had a fantastic water colouring tutorial on her blog; when I saw it I tried to remember the last time I water coloured an image - I couldn't remember! Since finding copics they seem to be all I reach for; even my pencils are being ignored so I decided I would find my watercolour pens and get my reinkers out!

I used this weeks Crazy 4 Challenges sketch (C4C20) and chose MFT Pure Innocence - My Balloon and stamped the image with black stazon on Fabriano hot pressed paper and water coloured with reinkers. I had to remind myself to let a colour dry before trying to shade, but I really enjoyed water colouring again. The DS paper is from cosmo cricket and I used my Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch. I used a clear glaze pen on her shoes & heart and an atyou red pen on the buckle on her shoe.

Thanks for stopping by - and thanks for the inspiration Joanne!

Dana

reinkers: ruby red, old olive, summer sun & more mustard, chocolate chip.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That is super cute Dana! I love her shiny shoes :)

Jodi Collins said...

Sigh....LOVE this Dana! My word girlie...your coloring ROCKS! LOVIN' the paper too!