Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday NANCY!!

Welcome to our birthday blog hop for Nancy! I met Nancy when I was still living in Toronto and she was teaching at a scrapbooking store; I loved her classes she inspired me so much! THEN Nancy had an SU party & I was hooked; yep this whole slippery slope started with her party!

Now Nancy creates amazing blog banners for charity and is the designer for Taylored Expressions Whimsical Wishes line, plus she has the most amazing blog creations on her blog Card Worthy!

For her birthday card I chose one of her Whimsical Wishes lines "For the Love of Cupcakes" and the sentiment is from Whimsical Wishes "Fresh Flowers". I used Karen G. Sweet Sunday sketch (SSSC44) for my layout. The image is stamped with mementos ink and coloured with copics. I paper pieced the base of the cupcake with DS paper and the top is prima paper that I added some Mermaid Glitz Stickles. The paper is from my Sept Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions. On the chipboard flowers I used Walnut Glimmer Mist
and buttons.

Now make sure you stop by and wish Nancy a very Happy Birthday and hop along and see all the amazing birthday wishes!
Thanks for stopping by & Happy Birthday Nancy!!

Dana

copics: YR15, YR16, E57, E59, YR02

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey, you! Thanks for being part of this wonderful birthday surprise. Love the glitz on that yummy cupcake! We've been on a very slippery slope, but isn't it fun?!

Jamie Pyles said...

Beautiful blog, and your card is soo cute! What a sweet surprise for your friend:) Have a great week:)

Miche said...

I love your papers and colours...beautiful card...as always!!

Jodi Collins said...

FABBBBBBBY Dana! LOVE the colors and papers on this! Perfection!!

Karen Motz said...

Awesome card!!! That cupcake looks sooooo yummy with the polka dot liner and the glitzy frosting!!!

Karen Giron said...

What a fantastic card, Dana! I love the polka-dot cuppie wrapper and the chipboard flowers - too cute! The layout looks fantastic flipped on its side!

Janet said...

love your card!! mmmmmm cupcakes!!