Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You Crack Me Up...

You know I am such a fan of these cute little Huggabuggs from Stamping Bella; I normally don't make Easter cards (laziness no other reason!) But I had to have this stamp!

I used the MOJO Monday sketch 79 for this card because I knew the image would fit perfecting.

You Crack Me Up Huggabugg is stamped with mementos tuxedo black in and coloured with copics. I added some ultra fine glitter to the wings
and flowers on the Huggabugg and her egg. On the chicks I used yellow flocking; this was my first attempt but I wanted them to look a little fuzzy (that's how there were when we hatched eggs in grade 7, you know just other year {wink, wink})

The DS paper is from Creative Imaginations (same sheet I used both sides) - I bought it when Karen was here and did we laugh because I said it would be perfect for Halloween!! Must be the association with chocolate?! When we lived in Toronto away from our families Easter was going out for lunch at our favourite hangout and buying a treat on the way home (at 50% off). This year we will make the trip to Edmonton to spend Easter with my husbands family - it will be a very different Easter from what we have been used to!

I decided to sew all the layers down and added some bella cotton candy bonbons. The sentiment comes with the huggabugg

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!

Dana

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love the coloring, the papers, and the sewing! And that little stamp is just adorable!

Christyne said...

That is one SERIOUSLY cute Huggabug! Great job with the sketch!

Leslie said...

Love the bright colours and the flocking - perfect for Easter!

Shelley said...

no, you crack me up! Too cute Dana! I'll give you a call at the end of the week. Maybe we can have a craft day! YAY!

Janet said...

what a CUTE card!! love the fuzzy chicks!!
hugs

Janet said...

this is TOO CUTE!!! I LOVE everything about this card...especially the flocked chicks. :)