Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chicks with Inkpads #2


Tuesday means another
challenge from Donna and
Cathy at Chicks with Inkpads. This weeks was an inspiration piece - I focused on the girlie pinks and the flowers for my card

For my card I used Stamping Bella's Krista's Flower stamp. The image is stamped with mementos tuxedo black ink and coloured with copics. I tried to get the shading close to the tulips in the picture - it took a mitt full of copics! The image is cut with a rectangle nesties and layered on a piece of bazzil cs which was cut with a nesties scallop.

The DS paper is from Bo Bunny and I layered it on the Bazzil cardstock as well, the base is Kraft. I paper pierced the ds paper and the scallop on the nesties and added some crystal Bella Bonbons. I used crystal effects on the vase to make it look closer to the gloss of a ceramic vase.

Make sure you stop by Chicks with Inkpads to see all the other amazing samples and play along with their inspiration

Thanks Donna & Cathy for thinking of me when you needed people to sample your challenges; it's an honour to be asked!!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day - still have snow in our forecast here so the only flowers I will be seeing for awhile will have to live in a vase!!

Dana

4 comments:

Patti J. said...

Love this! The colors are so pretty, and I'm so jealous of your nesties! I need to buy some, I guess - seems to be a 'staple' these days! Beautiful card - thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

So pretty and spring-like, just like our weather....not! Love the paper piercing around the whole card.

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE your shading and the layout is perfect! :)

Shelley said...

Very pretty Dana! Thanks for getting me hooked on Chicks with Inkpads! heehee