Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Flopsey Love

Wow I am soooo behind on my Valetine's Day cards!! I went through and pulled out all the Valentine stamps I "had" to have and will get them inked this week - If the card is MADE before Valentines Day it's not late RIGHT, not when it gets in the mail & received?!

I made this card for my neice & nephew & I used Jen's SKFYTT; funny there isn't much bling on it - I kept staring at it last night wanting to add some bling, but decided to leave it alone - that can sometimes get me into trouble (aka the card hits the garbage) if it doesn't just come then it's not meant to bling....

Valentine Flopsey is stamped on Gina K's Pure Luxury paper, then coloured with Lyras & mineral spirits, I then added some shimmer to the fur on Flopsey; I chose grey for his colouring since all the bunnies here are a white/grey right now to try & blend into the snow (which is falling in HUGE flakes right now!!) I stamped the heart & words on SU's Purely Pomegranate, embossed them, then cut & paper pieced then but used dimensionals so it's away from his body. The image is cut with nesties, but I trimmed the embossed part off so I could have a small mounting piece. The image is mounted on SU's Basic Grey, the card base is SU's Purely Pomegranate and the DS paper is Little Yellow Bicycles Love Letters. I used Martha's heart punch and popped those up as well.

Have a great day; looks like I will be stamping & shovelling today!!!

Dana

4 comments:

Janet said...

cute card! this bunny is darling!!

Leslie said...

Sheesh, his ears are too cute! Hope there wasn't too much snow for you my friend.

Karen Motz said...

He's very sweet!

Joyce said...

What an adorable bunny card! Love his big ears!!

I also love the rest of your blog. Please stop by my blog and receive your award for being so creative!