Monday, January 19, 2009

here's the scoop

I managed to complete an MFT challenge on time!

I had to flip the sketch to fit me image -

I used 2 sets from MFT the first is "here's the scoop" which I stamped on Gina K's pure luxury paper and then coloured the chair and girl with my lyra pencils, mineral spirits and stub. Every time I use them I think of Nicky :)

I decided to paper piece the floor so I used Co'ordinations paper to give it the look of a wood floor then for the wall s I chose stripes from Sassafras (hey isn't that a restaurant in Toronto?!) from their Life is Beautiful line called take a chance - really you would be taking quite the chance putting stripes like that on your wall!!

Naturally I made the ice cream chocolate; is there any other flavour to have?! To give it some glitter I used my pearlescent watercolours then on the ice cream I added some crystal effects. The image is mounted on SU's Very Vanilla and Chocolate chip. I used the distressed stripes folder from cuttlebug to emboss a piece of SU's More Mustard; then sanded down the embossed part.

The sentiment is stamped on a stamp from MFT's Going Places set on SU's very vanilla, I then added chocolate primas with SU's fire rhinestone circle brads.

Because I used SU's Chocolate Chip for the base I decorated the inside of my card. I have to say I really like how it turned out; I might have to start doing it more often! I mounted a piece of SU's Very Vanilla cs on a piece of the same designer paper. I inked the edges of the vanilla cs with chocolate chip ink. The image is from MFT's here's the scoop and the cone is stamped on SU's More Mustard, the ice cream part is naturally chocoalte.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great evening
Dana

5 comments:

Nicky said...

Dana, I love this card. You coloured beautifully, I thought the back of the chair was paper peiced. What colour did you use for the base of the chair ? Great card.

Hugs
Nicky

Karen Motz said...

This looks sooooo yummy!!! I love the colours you chose and the inside is perfect!

Leslie said...

Great card and I LOVE how you decorating the inside of the card!! Fab!

Janet said...

great card! i have a hard time with MFT stamps!

Anonymous said...

OOOO, I really love this one!